The Kansas High School Activities Association is scheduled to vote on the proposal passed by the Executive Board last week.
The proposal before the board of directors is as follows:
· Delay competitions for all winter activities until Friday, January 15.
· Allow virtual competition only in Debate and Scholars Bowl.
· Winter activity practice may continue where appropriate to do so through December 22. All KSHSAA risk mitigation protocols strictly enforced.
· Extend Winter Moratorium. Dec. 23 – Jan. 3; practices to resume Jan. 4; restrictions eliminate contact between coach/athlete/school and no school facility use.
· Tentative resumption of competition on January 15.
· No fans for competition, January 15-28.
· Limited fans Jan. 29 through remainder of winter competitions.
· Mandatory universal masking with exception to athletes in competition and officials during live action.
· No invitational tournaments.
High School Competition Limits:
· Basketball maximum 13 games per team.
· Bowling maximum 8 days per team/individual.
· Swimming and Diving maximum 6 competitions per athlete.
· Wrestling maximum 12 events, 20 competition point max.
Middle School Restrictions:
· No competition in December, practice only.
· No competition Jan. 1 – Jan. 14
· No events with more than three schools participating.
· Strongly encourage skill development.
· Strongly encourage intramural play only.
· Limit two fans per player starting Jan. 15.
A summary of these recommendations is also available via http://www.kshsaa.org/public/covid/pdf/ winteractivityproposalppt.pdf
The discussion and vote can be found here at 1PM Kansas time: